Thursday, September 20, 2012

Matte & Gloss

(picture, Y U NO clear?)

Hello my lovely people!
Long time no see! It's THURSDAY!! You know what that means....
Just one more day 'til the weekend arrives! We're almost there, gang!!

You may have noticed that my posts have significantly decreased since school started...
Don't worry, you're not imagining things...to my surprise, school is quite time consuming!
We're going through the theory portion right now so there are a lot of reading, assignments, and tests...
I guess we can say I'm feeling a little overwhelmed...
All is well though, I believe that I will eventually find the balance between a full time job, school and blogging!

Moving on!!
Today, I have a matte and gloss combo mani to show you.


I used NYC's Matte Me Crazy top coat, Manhattan, and Rimmel London's Black Satin
...I also dotted on some Penny Talk from Essie...
(not shown in picture)


I was originally wanting to mimic the crocodile skin finish...
but it didn't turn out the way I envisioned it to be... I think if my glossy blobs were smaller it'd be better...
NEXT TIME!


For that reason, I decided to change up the design for the burgundy fingers.
I'm quite happy with them :)


This NYC mattifying top coat is probably the best one I've come across...other than the Butter London one of course...that top coat...I can't even......
Speaking of which, I can't wait until my Butter London order arrives!!
*excitement dance*
Anyway, that's all for me today! Hope you enjoy today's mani as much as I did!

Have a fantastic day, everyone!!

5 comments:

  1. This is amazing, Winnie! I love the designs that mix textures - matte and glossy is a great combo. You'll ace all the school things, I know it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I need a mattifying polish! Must get!
    I'm so happy you're in nail school-I think that's amazing.You are going to be FAMOUS. A singing nail artist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look awesome, the black ones totally look like croc! I really like the pattern on the burgundy ones, too. You've got me wanting to try a matte/glossy pattern now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so much!!

    You'll find the balance soon enough, don't worry. You've always been much more together than me, so if I can manage it (or at least pretend convincingly), you'll have no trouble. :)

    ReplyDelete