Friday, February 17, 2012

Fun with Cynthia

Hello lovers! Happy Friday!
The weekend is finally here...

Today I have for you a mani featuring Zoya's Cynthia


I've been looking for a colour like this for quite some time...

From the website:
 Zoya nail polish in Cynthia ca be best described as: A smoky, blackened peacock teal with soft warm undertones. A very uncommon shade of blue for a subtle but funky look

I knew I had to have it when I saw it on the website.
I will do a full swatch later on, but let's look at this mani first! :)

I achieved this by painting my nails with XXI's nude polish as base.
Then I free handed the "V"s with Cynthia
Look how shiny it is....

At first, it looked like this 

But my OCD kicked in, and decided that the V's weren't even....
and I wanted them all to look like my pointing finger so I used a tiny brush and put on more nude polish
Yea, the lines now look better, but the nude polish started bubbling...    
-___-"

*blech*

Anyhoo, several top coats later....I was able to smooth it out...
still not as smooth as originally applied but tolerable.


This mani is simple yet it contains just enough complexity to satisfy the creative side of my brain.
I also love the colour combination...
Dark Teal and Nude make a good team =D


Have a beautiful weekend, friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment