Friday, September 30, 2011

>=O



This morning when I was waiting to turn left at an intersection, two East Indian men crossed the street.
As they crossed they street, they threw their hands up, gave me the finger, and here comes the worst part...They pulled their eyes to the side.....the "Chinese Eye Pull" was what I would call it.

WHY?
Beats the heck out of me.

Had I done anything to offend them, their actions would be a bit more understandable. (not really)
But all I did was...being the regular Chinese me...

Racism sucks...and it shocks me that there are still people THAT ignorant living in Canada. Is this the image we give off to people of a different race? East Indian and Chinese are the two biggest foreign races in most areas. Why are we (people of colour) being so mean to each other?! I grew up in Surrey. I have many brown friends. LOVE THEM! But these two guys seriously just put a really bad taste in my mouth. Was that really necessary? And exactly what did they think they accomplished by doing that to a person they don't even know?

I thought about opening my window and scream all the swear words I could think of but because I'm a wuss I didn't. In all honesty, I was kind of in shock!

So what did I end up doing? I stared back at them, with my mouth opened...Kindda like this:
>=O

yea... I'm cool
lol

No comments:

Post a Comment